Re: HTML mail [was Re: FEL was Re: Hi]

On Monday, August 09, 2010 03:02:43 Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 02:49 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > But it seems this is not what I received. You can look back in this
> > thread where I quoted the full OP message, as KMail showed it to me.
> > There was no mention of html context, nor any tags for line breaks.
>
> I received the original message as a multipart alternative, with a plain
> text version, and an alternative HTML version.  Most modern clients will
> show you one of the versions, as per your configuration preferences, and
> many will allow you to alternate between viewing one or the other, some
> will let you see you both at the same time, others will only show you
> one of them.

Aaahhh, well, so you are saying that an e-mail can contain both plain text
version and html version of the same message simultaneously?

Now it makes much more sense. So the e-mail contained both a plain text and
html versions, and KMail chose to display me the plain text part, as per
configuration preferences. And apparently completely ignored the html part as
unnecessary. And if some message comes as html only, with no plain text
counterpart, it yells, again as per config preferences.

Ok, I guess now I understand what was going on. It seems I just use a very
clever mail reader. :-) Thanks for the explanation!

Best, :-)
Marko