Re: HTML mail [was Re: FEL was Re: Hi]

On Sunday, August 08, 2010 16:45:55 Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Sunday 08 August 2010 09:30, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > IOW, shouldn't the mail filter (generic one, I'm not talking
> > specifically about g's mail filter) check the actual contents of
> > the message for html stuff, rather than just blindly trust the
> > message header?
>
> His original message arrived here with the following stanza
> (slightly modified so your mail client doesn't interpret it):
>
> Content; t e x t / h t m l; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi!<b-r>I&-#39;m Arpad Attila Bakos, 25 years old guy interested in
> open-source software and hardware,from Hungary.<b-r>Working as a
> repair technician at a world leader mobile phone company I&-#39;ve
> met a Fedora ambassador, who adviced me to join FEL.<b-r>

But it seems this is not what I received. You can look back in this thread
where I quoted the full OP message, as KMail showed it to me. There was no
mention of html context, nor any tags for line breaks.

That is the reason why I got confused about g's remark in the first place. Is
KMail just hiding something from me here? Or is there something else going on?
I repeat, when I receive a message that is "really" html, KMail yells quite
outloud about it, refuses to display the message unless explicitly requested
to do so, etc. Nothing of the sort happened in the OP's case.

So I still don't understand what is going on. Although, if everyone else
agrees that there *were* html tags in the OP's message, then it is probably
something down to my local setup...

Best, :-)
Marko