Re: Floppy on fc12 could not find

Vincent wrote:
> Hello,
> I am try to use the floppy on Dell Dimension 8300 with fc12 but it
> didn't mount.
> Here is what I did:
> # mkdir /mnt/floppy
>
> # mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 mnt/floppy
> mount: special device /dev/fd0 does not exist

Is there a disk in the drive?  Sometimes a disk has to be in the drive
in order for mount () to work properly.

If the device is not available, are you sure that it is functional, and
even more important, plugged in?

During the boot process, does the light on the drive flash on and off?

 From what I read here, your floppy drive is dead and/or disconnected.

James McKenzie