Re: Menu Editor

Ed Greshko wrote:

> I still would verify exactly what terminal program is being started on
> the local machine.  You can't do this in the terminal that the menu item
> starts since you've ssh'd to the remote machine.
>
> You will have to open a konsole or gnome terminal on the local
> machine....run the menu item...and then check to see if you have an
> xterm running....or something else.

Thanks for your continuing help.

Actually "ps aux" does not contain any mention of xterm,
but does contain the entry
    konsole -caption=helen -icon  -e /usr/bin/ssh -Y helen-vpn
only when the menu item is running.

My ignorant feeling is that a konsole window is opened,
and then the ssh command creates the white-on-black window.