Re: camera won't automount [Solved]

On 08/03/2010 11:41 AM, jack craig wrote:

> On 08/02/2010 05:46 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> On 08/02/2010 02:41 PM, Claude Jones wrote:
>>
>>>      No one responded on this query, but, for the sake of posterity, here's
>>> the fix:
>>> Many modern digital cameras have two modes in which the flash memory
>>> operates, USB and PTP; I do not know what PTP means
>>>
>> I believe it means "Push-to-Print", permitting you to print photos
>> directly from the camera to a PTP-capable printer.  The camera retains
>> control of the memory in that mode as opposed to becoming a USB memory
>> card reader in the "USB" mode.
>>
> minor point, but, PTP may also be known as...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_Transfer_Protocol

And I think you're right, that sounds much more likely than my
name, but the concept is identical.

> my recollection was a peer to peer definition, also wrong. :-)

Yes, and (being the car racing nerd I am) it can also mean "push to
pass" as used in Indycar racing's time-limited turbo boost button.

Ah, acronyms.  Remember when ATM meant "asynchronous transfer mode" as
used in networking and not "automated teller machine" as in "I need
$20 NOW!"  Sometimes being a geek sucks.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks@xxxxxxxx -
-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -