Re: USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

  On 08/02/2010 06:08 AM, Darr wrote:
> On Monday, 02 August, 2010 @06:31 zulu, j.halifax scribed:
>
>> I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
>> with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.
>>
>> After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
>> Error Message:
>>
>> ==================
>> Missing ISO 0660 Image
>
> That program creates a bootable Live USB, not a bootable
> installation USB. To turn the stick that program makes into
> an installation USB stick, copy the ISO to the thumbdrive, too.
>
> If you want to make your writable space larger (how big did
> you set the 'Persistent Storage' slider?), delete the /packages
> and /repodata subdirectories from the stick before copying
> the ISO file to the USB stick.
>
> Near the beginning of the install, anaconda will give you a
> dialog and ask where the ISO is... it's typically in /sdb.
Ahem... I have been very successful in installing the full F13 dvd iso
onto an 8GB thumb drive using
sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr
/tmp/Fedora-13-i386-DVD.iso   /dev/sde
where /dev/sde is my thumb drive
and I am able to boot the thumb drive and it gives me the same install
menus as the regular DVD.
I have successfully installed F13 onto HD using this thumb drive.