Re: F9: [unsupported] rt2870 now works, but requires restarting named & httpd after (re)boot?

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> First, I know F9 is no longer supported, but wanted to
> ask if there is a workaround to this problem.
>
> I finally got rt2870 to work on F9, however, I noticed
> during a reboot, httpd complained that it could not find
> the host's domain, so it chose 127.0.0.1, and secondly
> named responded only to localhost queries. I discovered
> that restarting named and httpd, in that order, after a
> reboot, restored normalcy.  The key issue seems to be
> that named is not properly started before services? Or
> perhaps amanda and/or dnsmasq is interfering with
> named?
>
> Is there a fix or a workaround for this issue?
>
> Thanks-

Ah, instead of 'amada', I meant avahi, but nevertheless, it turns out that
avahi & dnsmasq are core to fedora - so - I need to retain both.

So it seems that somehow I need to get named up and working with
NetworkManager - named works fine for wired connections and
network instead of NetworkManager...