Re: securing a fedora 12 pc on a lan

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, July 27, 2010 18:49:13 mike lan wrote:
> the fact is I don't like being spied on my desktop ,
>  this means there is no fast way to secure a fedora 12 pc  ?

Exactly what kind of security are you interested in? Fedora is quite secure
with its default installation, if you didn't turn off the firewall and SELinux.
I never needed any additional setup.

If you tell us what kind of additional security you want, we might be able to
give you some specific suggestions.

What do you mean by "being spied"?

HTH, :-)
Marko

I mean "looking at my dekstop" on the other room, or installin some rootkits  to gain access to the pc on my behalf.