Re: Blue screen of death

On 07/27/2010 04:16 PM, Alex wrote:

>> that's kind of the point of fedora. if you want something stable, use
>> CentOS (or RHEL) or maybe an ubuntu variant. I think the benefits of a
>> cutting edge distro outweigh the drawbacks, but I agree that it is
>> very frustrating when something fundamental stops working.
>
> Yes, frustrating, particularly when it's one fundamental thing after
> another, like ethernet detection, printing, and basic networking.

Sure, but it works both ways: sometimes getting up-to-date software
from upstream fixes bugs that in a more "stable" distro you'd have to
wait much longer for.  For example, I used to have to install the
proprietary nvidia driver, but one day I upgraded Fedora and the
latest nouveau driver just worked.  There's a lot to be said for that.

Andrew.