Re: fanboy?

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Heavens.  Everyone is so sensitive.

Majority might be sensitive.

> I was reacting to Parshwa Murdia's conclusion: Fedora is good.

But you cannot say that Fedora is bad!

> I've already been whacked on this list for suggesting:

> 1. Ubuntu is probably a better choice for the media-fascinated web
> surfer who doesn't do much else.

So did you join the Ubuntu mailing list also? Because you must be
having Ubuntu on your PC or laptop, but still you are learning Fedora.
Its good, the more you learn, the better it is.

> 2. Fedora *does* change a lot, and, even if it's not Rawhide, there
> are far too frequent upgrades, tweaks, and
> not-quite-ready-for-primetime glitches for the average user.  Look at
> all the traffic "preupgrade" generated.

Fedora remains always under research, the more you put, the better it
becomes. For software engineers, they have a great deal of expanding
their brains here, the best server administration, what I have found
and read.

> 3. Windows is Windows and Linux is Linux, and never the 'twain shall
> meet, and thank heaven for that.  If one is setting priorities, please
> move making Fedora look and feel like Windows off the list entirely.
> If Ubuntu wants to put its resources into that enterprise, I'm happy
> there is an Ubuntu to direct the command-line-interface averse to.

If you like Oranges much than any other fruit, would you say to others
to not eat apples??

> I could add to that list that Ubuntu integrates out of the box with a
> Windows network and Fedora requires work.  I'd care about that, except
> that I never use SMB to communicate with Linux any more.

Okay, its really your personal wish to never use SMB to communicate with Linux.

> The choice of an operating system or a distribution is as personal as
> taste in undergarments.

The choice is users', whether he/she wants this or that.
--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia