Re: fanboy?

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Robandapril <Liberty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wait, I was called a fanboy?, I hardly think that is called for im
> simply voicing my long standing support for Fedora. Its no big deal, im
> not upset but all due respect im no fanboy i guess i was trying to
> involve myself and it got worded wrong... i do that sometimes:)

Heavens.  Everyone is so sensitive.

I was reacting to Parshwa Murdia's conclusion: Fedora is good.

I've already been whacked on this list for suggesting:

1. Ubuntu is probably a better choice for the media-fascinated web
surfer who doesn't do much else.

2. Fedora *does* change a lot, and, even if it's not Rawhide, there
are far too frequent upgrades, tweaks, and
not-quite-ready-for-primetime glitches for the average user.  Look at
all the traffic "preupgrade" generated.

3. Windows is Windows and Linux is Linux, and never the 'twain shall
meet, and thank heaven for that.  If one is setting priorities, please
move making Fedora look and feel like Windows off the list entirely.
If Ubuntu wants to put its resources into that enterprise, I'm happy
there is an Ubuntu to direct the command-line-interface averse to.

I could add to that list that Ubuntu integrates out of the box with a
Windows network and Fedora requires work.  I'd care about that, except
that I never use SMB to communicate with Linux any more.

The choice of an operating system or a distribution is as personal as
taste in undergarments.

Robert.