Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:51:50 +0530
Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> thanks a lot for the suggestions and the simple purpose why  did i ask
> is that fedora is not as common as was windows but is slowly now
> replacing it. i would have to see one book for this.

Hi, Parshwa;

I've been following this thread for some time now.  Had to go back to the
original message since the responses seem to have covered about every topic
except the original one.  I'll asume you now have some kind of internet
connection since you seem able to respond fairly rapidly.

One very good reference, if it's available where you are, is Linux Pro
Magazine.  They have aeveral tutorials each issue along with good information
and free distros from different producers.  Another good resource would be the
Linux or Fedora Bible series.  Lots of good information, how-tos, comparisons
of different ways to accomplish a goal and why, etc.

I learned much of my linux knowledge from RedHat when they had the 5.x series
(before Fedora).  Yes, Fedora is a bit harder to learn from as a beginning
point, but you learn more that way.  Not just knowledge, but also the hows and
whys of things.  Keep up learning and in a while you'll get where you want to
be.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin