Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??

On 07/22/2010 10:03 AM, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:04 AM, jack craig<jcraig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>

>> install Firefox and google for life... ;-)
>>

> Really good suggestion, but w.r.t Fedora, life is related in small
> extent but more with watching movies and visiting new places. And the
> intention was to know abt Fedora 11, how tos and related and that much
> with the first priority.
>
> Regards,
> Parshwa Murdia

To know about Fedora 11, I think the first thing is to try and use many
of the applications that are available. Don't worry too much about the
hundreds of applications that make up Fedora packages, just use the ones
you are comfortable with and go from there.

  For instance as a baseline:
If you want programming there are around 30  fairly major applications
to choose from
For Music there are around 10 fairly comprehensive applications to
choose from
For 2D vector and other graphic styles of drawing there are probably 6
from excellent to average.
For 3D modeling there are 2 really good ones and about 6 ranging from
really good to quite good..
If you want movies there's not much need to know Fedora, just the apps
that play movies.

In Fedora the text based manual (man) pages show how to use underlying
applications.
  just type man (short for manual) and the application name.
for instance:
man gs will give a help page on ghostscript if it's installed.
man df will tell you about diskfree the disk check application
man du will tell you about disk usage.
man rm will tell you about removing files, use with great care.
To know about Gnome or KDE read the instruction manuals already installed.

May I suggest getting a book about Fedora, it would provide much useful
information.
Roger