Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Correct but for the new users (like me and the beginners) if they have
> somehow installed the fedora 11 would it be a good idea to suddenly
> upgrade to fedora 13 and that also from the terminal without knowing
> the complete method that way or should again install it, becuase for
> newbies and beginners, even if we work initially for fedora 11 (till
> we know the basic) we can in future directly upgrade or reinstall?

First off, the point is that you should not "somehow install Fedora
11."  It's not supported, it shouldn't be used.  If you want to be a
new user, the normal course of action is to download "whatever is
current" and that's Fedora 13.  Regardless, yes, you can go directly
from Fedora 11 to Fedora 13 using preupgrade[1].

Secondly, the other reason (aside from running unsupported software
that's liable to get you rooted over the Internet) is to avoid long
and tiresome threads on the support forum where everyone is telling
you "don't run Fedora 11, it's not supported."

[1] http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1577

--
Chris