Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fedora is certainly usable by home users.  My wife and children use
> Fedora and I have had to provide them no support over the past several
> releases, other than upgrading the system when the new release came
> out.

That's really cool. But initially some years back, when the first time
you might have used, you must have guided the family to how to use but
now they have become habitual and know the basics.

Here is the case that nobody knows anything about fedora, but i have a
very small knowledge only and for the first time only using. So the
correct question (w.r.t home usage and kids play) is that what basic
should be learned out of fedora for a single having installed fedora
11 and no other external hardware is there. what my intention is that
my wife should be able to use fedora and I also perfectly so starting
from the basics and running commands only in the terminal is always
not okay becoz exposure to usage has been delimited in this case.

> If your computer is only a few years old, I would really recommend
> starting with the latest Fedora, which is Fedora 13.

correct, but even if fedora 11 is used, i don't think the loss of
generality but basics are same. fedora 13 and more to come must be
having more features to be known though we are still unaware of the
old fact and features related with fedora.

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia