Re: OT: Cloud Computing is coming to ...

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 18:51 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 17:26 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> >
> >> If your MUA requires you to tell others to not quote, to not top-post,
> >> to do anything other than post whatever they like, in order to read
> >> your email comfortably, then you are using the wrong MUA.
> >
> > If your implication is that no matter what the poster does, it should
> > make no difference to the reader's ease in decyphering a reply in the
> > middle of a complex thread, I'd be really keen on using your magical
> > MUA. So what is it?
> >
> > Please don't just say it's Gmail. I use Gmail and that's not it.
>
> My implication is that folks who complain about how other people post
> because their MUA "can't handle it" are curmudgeons. :-)

I have no problem being a curmudgeon in the interests of better
communication, but I've never complained because my MUA "can't handle
it". I've complained because it's stupid and counterproductive.

However this is now so OT it's out of sight, so let's not rehearse the
arguments all over again.

poc