Re: Jobs in Cloud Computing

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 13:25 -0700, JD wrote:
> > So now we're posting job listings that don't even *mention* Fedora?
> > Please don't do this.
> >
> > poc
> >
> I was merely trying to say that jobs in
> cloud computing are already out there .
> It is relevant to fedora, because RH has
> decided to provide Cloud technologies.
> And you can bet they will be released for
> Fedora as well.

I remain unconvinced that there is such a thing as "cloud technologies".
Sounds to me a lot like previous buzzwords like "client-server
computing", "4th (or 5th) generation systems" etc. AFAIK cloud computing
just means using existing technologies to access certain services which
some people are now offering commercially and can just as easily be seen
as the latest in a long series of oscillations between centralized and
decentralized architectures. It may or may not prove to be important,
time will tell.

In any case, your point would have been clearer had you actually made it
in the first place rather than just cross-posting some random job ad.

poc