Re: My laptop Speakers Doesn't Mute then i connect the headphones on FC13

On 07/21/2010 12:59 AM, JD wrote:
>    On 07/20/2010 08:29 AM, David A. Paredes Rios wrote:
>
>> With the command alsamixer -c 0  i get this options:
>> Master --- PCM --- Mic -- Mic Boos --- Beep --- Dock  --- Dock Mic
>> ---- Dock mic boost --- Internal mic --- Internal mic boost
>>
>> Nothing else with alsamixer -c0
>>

> I hate to be an harbinger of bad news - but...
> muting the pc speakers when you plug in the headset
> is done by the headset jack or soundcard itself, and
> not by software. It is a mechanical event. Pushing in
> the headset causes a disconnect in the loop that feeds
> the speakers.

You're living in the past :-). With many modern sound cards its a
software action. Plugging in headphones sends a signal to the software,
and you can select the action which occurs. This is needed so you can,
for example, mute an entire 7.1 setup when headphones are plugged in.

Steve