Trying to understand input/output error seen while reading newly burned dvd+r

Hi,

I'm running 32-bit Fedora 12 on a recently built core2 duo system.
The dvd burner is a month-old Samsung drive.

I use imgburn 2.5.0.0 under Wine to create iso's and burn them to disk.
   ( Imgburn works better than K3B; e.g. if iso is near the disk
     capacity, K3B says it won't fit.  Also, Imgburn worked on
     Fedora 7 flawlessly. )

The disk that prompts this posting gives an input/output error
on a file when I run a diff -r comparing it to the original HD
directory.  The file that is associated with the i/o error is
near the 'end' of the diff.

This is the second disk burned from this data directory - the first
one gave the same i/o error on the same file.

No errors are logged in /var/log/messages.

If I mount the dvd i can display the image file that is associated
with the i/o error in gwenview, gThumb, Gnome Image Viewer and Okular
with no errors apparent.  No problems are seen in viewing other files
in the target file's proximity (preceding/following files).

I've mounted the iso image and run a diff -r comparing it to the
original HD directory with NO errors.

Can anyone give me some insight into this error or suggestions
about any other tests I can perform?

Regards,
D Wyatt