Re: Who's moderating this forum?

On Friday, 16 July, 2010 @02:48 zulu, Marcel Rieux scribed:

> and it will most probably prove my point that while Nouveau developers
> pretend they work really hard to get new users, installing Kmod is a
> one way ticket. Unless, of course, you're willing to spend a day or
> two trying suggestions that have never been tested such as the one I
> already received: yum remove, and that's it.

Did you undo the other steps, such as removing the blacklist
in /etc/modprobe.d/ and/or any parameters added to grub.conf
(e.g. rdblacklist=nouveau) ?

Did you remake the initramfs file with dracut (or mv the
original one made before the kmod-nvidia drivers were
installed back to its original name) after undoing those steps?

No procedure I've seen actually removes the nouveau drivers...
they just force fedora to use the nvidia drivers instead. So you
ought to be able to just undo all the changes you made and it
should go back to using the nouveau drivers.

Since the steps/methods vary according to whichever procedure
you used, generic 'undo' instructions (other than "undo all the
steps of the procedure[s] you followed") is pretty-much impossible.