Re: OT Slightly "Ailurus"

On Saturday, July 17, 2010 02:38:44 pm Frank Murphy did opine:

> I came across this on Google.
>
> (It in the review-queue for Fedora)
>
> What it does is take some of the normal cli commands
> and put a gui around them.
>
> The one I find could be valuable for testing:
> "snapshots" before trying something,
> and then allow for rollback if necessary.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/ailurus/
>
> Some parts can be run as user,
> where necessary you are asked for root pw.

That might be neat, but my solution for things that involve both root and
the user is to make sure my script is running as root, and the script
itself switches to the user with 'su user -c "name of command [options] "'.

Doesn't need a gui for any of the 6 or 7 scripts I run in the rc.local or
to install a fresh amanda from the tarballs.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)