Re: Question on recording of audio output of steaming websites from sound card in my Fedora Linux 11

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 07:47 -0700, JD wrote:
> Well, not meaning to be a devil's advocate,
> someone had emailed me quiet a few years back that the
> driver sends pcm data to sound card. So, it is possible to add
> a shim to capture (i.e. copy) that pcm data.

It may well be. I make no claim to be an expert, but the OP did say "the
output from the sound card" rather than the PCM data being sent to the
sound card. This leads me to think he isn't any more of an expert than I
am, so he may have been mistaken in what he thinks he wants to do.

Be that as it may, there are ways to capture streams from online sites,
though they often need a bit of tweaking to get right, e.g. RealPlayer
is one thing, Flash is another thing etc. etc.

I guess a general-purpose "capture the PCM data" shim would be useful if
it existed.

poc