Re: Who's moderating this forum?

2010/7/15 Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:48:08 -0400
Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

...snip...

http://fedorasolved.org/Members/dcr226/nouveau-kmods-mesa-dri-exper

RPMFusion updated its site today. Here's what they suggest:

Disable or uninstall the nvidia driver

It is possible to disable the driver without uninstalling the nvidia package.

nvidia-config-display disable
rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Or you can switch the Driver field from nvidia to nouveau in /etc/X11/xorg.conf You also need to verify that /boot/grub/grub.conf doesn't contain nomodeset or rdblacklist=nouveau anymore.

Then you will need to reboot. (or switch to init3 and manually unloading/loading modules.).

Once done, if you really want to uninstall the driver:

yum remove xorg-x11-drv-nvidia\* livna-config-display

http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#head-3fe8fc42e24a89aff36645e27644b1f6445a9ee6

Nothing about initramfs at rpmfusion and no mention of mesa-dri-drivers-experimental.

rpmfusion being the official source, I'll follow these instructions... but I'll keep fedorasolved handy :)
I'll do the removal after I test disabling. This will be when I have a day or two free while I won't need my computer, in case problems arise.

Thanks!