Re: Who's moderating this forum?

On 07/16/2010 07:55 AM, Marcel Rieux wrote:

> Did I ask for this kind of opinion to be censored? This ridiculous
> opinion that silly problems will make you wiser is too often expressed
> on Linux groups. Maybe somebody with a higher status on this list than
> me could have set the record straight once for all so that we don't
> have to bear this nonsense for another 10 years.

First of all, this list is self moderated.  There is no higher status
for any particular set of people in this list beyond the list
administrators who don't interfere in independent discussions as long as
it abides the guidelines.  You might consider someone's opinion
ridiculous but they could say the same about yours.  If you can't
convince each other,  agree to disagree and move on instead of calling
for moderation.

> Check closely, I didn't split the thread. Somebody, unaware of the
> result, I suppose, removed "OT:" from the title line. It's unfortunate
> but those things happen.

No.  You did split the thread by starting yet another discussion
refererring to the old one.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-July/thread.html

Rahul