Re: Fedora Logs out straight after Log in is complete

Rex,

Thank you for your input!

I do notice my graphics card fan comes on full power during the log out; however I am unable to locate the file you named, I am looking in /etc/X11/ and it's subfolders but to no avail. Could you please tell me whereabouts I might find it?

Thank you !

On 14 July 2010 22:46, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rishi Patel wrote:

> I have rebooted, tried KDE failsafe mode, as well as Default, but to no
> avail. Failsafe mode brings up the white terminal box. I can however log
> into root, which is how I am posting this message.
>
> Could anyone offer any help with this?

your symptoms sound like X crashing, most often a driver problem.

Anything in ~/.xsession-errors ?

-- Rex