Re: yum update failure

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion!!!
>
> I thought perhaps it was a bad mirror as well.  To test this I removed
> the comment marker from baseurl and then commented out the mirrorlist.
> After doing a yum clean all, this change did not result in a remedy.
>
> baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
> #mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch

Hmm interesting url - with debug! Where did you put that line?

Why not try baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

That is in the fedora.repo file I presume? And I wonder what you did
with the other lines in this file?

You should have also in the fedora-updates.repo file:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

However in the original fedora.repo file there is a mirrorlist and not
a specific mirror - like
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch

and in the fedora-updates.repo file:
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f$releasever&arch=$basearch

The debug stuff is further down those files - perhaps you should
revert to a working set of repo files??

--
mike c