KPackageKit update failure

Hi Folks;

Every time I try to run KPackageKit to download a program it fails during the
download operation.

I am able to download files (large ISOs) from other programs but even relative
small downloads in KPK fail.  I have no network problem otherwise.

I've tried downloading Kate (my favorite editor) three times with the same
results.  It does the simulation and lists dependencies needed to which I
click on continue.  It then goes to "waiting for authentication" which seems
stuck for long periods (20+ minutes when I cancelled).  If it gets through
authentication and starts download (I think)it shortly fails with only an
operation failed message.

Being fairly new to recent versions of Fedora, I'm not sure what needs to be
done or settings changed.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSuSE 11.3-RC2 x86_64