Re: multiple paper formats in printing

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2010/7/13 Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 09:12 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> >> I am using a network printer (NRG-MP-C3300) and I
> am noting that I can
> >> choose format of paper (A3-A4) when printing from
> openoffice but when
> >> I print from some application (Firefox, Eye of
> Gnome) I have only the
> >> default format option (i.e. format choice is
> greyed).
> >> Is this the correct behaviour?? or is this a
> bug??
> >
> > Obvious question:  Are the offered options valid
> ones?
> >
> > i.e. Does OpenOffice.org offer to let you pick paper
> sizes that aren't
> > in the printer, or supported by the printer?  Is
> Firefox only showing
> > you a paper size that's in the printer?
> >
> > --
> > [tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
> > 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686
> >

> Firefox is showing no option i.e. if I select Print/Page
> settings the
> option of Paper dimension is fully greyed.
> When I use Openoffice (Calc for example) A3 can be printed
> if I select
> paper format A3 and this selection overrides Paper
> dimensions in
> Printer options, i.e. when an A4 format is  selected
> in OO an A4 is
> printed even if I have the option to choose between A3 and
> A4. (And it
> works similarly for A3)
> I am confused, first time that I have a double option
> printer :-)

Have you tried using File->Page Setup to change the paper size in Firefox before printing instead of going through File->Print->Page Setup?  In my version of FF (3.5.10 64-bit, Fedora 12-64-bit), the page sizes are selectable in the first option, but not in the second.  And under the first option, the new paper size chosen and applied does show in the Print requester when Print (or Ctrl-P) is selected.