Re: multiple paper formats in printing

2010/7/13 Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 09:12 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>> I am using a network printer (NRG-MP-C3300) and I am noting that I can
>> choose format of paper (A3-A4) when printing from openoffice but when
>> I print from some application (Firefox, Eye of Gnome) I have only the
>> default format option (i.e. format choice is greyed).
>> Is this the correct behaviour?? or is this a bug??
>
> Obvious question:  Are the offered options valid ones?
>
> i.e. Does OpenOffice.org offer to let you pick paper sizes that aren't
> in the printer, or supported by the printer?  Is Firefox only showing
> you a paper size that's in the printer?
>
> --
> [tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

Firefox is showing no option i.e. if I select Print/Page settings the
option of Paper dimension is fully greyed.
When I use Openoffice (Calc for example) A3 can be printed if I select
paper format A3 and this selection overrides Paper dimensions in
Printer options, i.e. when an A4 format is  selected in OO an A4 is
printed even if I have the option to choose between A3 and A4. (And it
works similarly for A3)
I am confused, first time that I have a double option printer :-)
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52