Re: kickstart problems with f13

On 10 July 2010 20:36, Chris Rouch <chris.rouch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a heavily customised installation (lots of locally built rpms)
> that i'm trying to install from kickstart and nfs. If I use a netinst
> cdrom and pass the nfs location of the kickstart file without using
> dhcp then this all works well. But If I use pxe/dhcp/tftp instead, it
> gives me the "retrieving installation repo" message and then complains
> about missing packages and installation groups.
>
> If I switch the VT2 I can see that on the working installation I have
> the remote nfs directory mounted on /mnt/source. However on the PXE
> installation, this directory is mounted on /mnt/isodir and /dev/loop1
> is mounted on /mnt/source.  This latter contains a completely
> different set of packages. This is completely repeatable - if I
> comment out the dhcpd.conf entry and restart dhcpd everything works.
> If I leave it in (even when booting from the cdrom) then it always
> fails
>
> I'm seeing this from a vmware client, but I also see the PXE error
> from a real laptop.
>
> How do I stop this happening?

I'd put the dvd.iso file in the top level directory. Anaconda
"helpfully" decided that this, rather than the underlying filesystem
was what I really wanted to use. I'm not sure if this is a bug or user
error. in any case I have a working installation system now that i've
moved the iso somewhere else.