Re: Q about swap size

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM, birger <birger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You most certainly have something bogging down the system.

Agreed, and I still don't think anyone has enough information to know what it is, except for the OP.

Linux still rocks on old equipment once you disable the cpu and memory
hogs. I don't really see the need for killing gnome.

It all depends on how you want to use your time.  If you want to re-tweak your system with every new release, I suppose that's one option.

If you want a solution that doesn't depend on constantly proving your Linux manhood, consider:

1. A light-weight desktop, or

2. Newer equipment.

As things are going, only (2) will keep you in the swim with all the latest bells and whistles.

Robert.