Re: Converting DVD copy to AVI

Chris Kloiber wrote:
> On 07/08/2010 03:08 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>>> I recently ripped a DVD we got from a manta ray night dive event and
>>> found .vob files.
>>> I was surprised that vlc played the .vob out of the box!
>>
>> mplayer will do that too.
>>
>>> Its great to see multimedia blossoming in Linux land.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>>> Also, i got a blurb about a new Fluenda DVD play program for Linux, just
>>> fyi...
>>
>> Yes, I got that. $20 or so, no thanks.
>>
>> poc
>>

> $20? Try $39 EUROS. Ridiculous. You could buy a dedicated DVD player for
> that.

What's the connection? Are you saying there's a DVD player which would convert
to AVI for him, or just telling him a solution which would be handy if he was
trying to do something else?

Or is this an in joke referring to that British web comedy show where the guy is
always giving directions to somewhere else? I have a friend sending me kinks,
but I miss half the stuff because much of it uses Cockney slang.
   Q: can you tell me how to get to the Tower of London on foot?
   A: No, but if you want to take the tube, I can tell you how to get to the
      palace.
   Q: No, I want to walk to the Tower of London, how do I do that?
   A: Right foot, left foot, same as walking to the palace.
      {pause} or the tube station, if you want to walk to the tube station
      I can tell you how to get to the palace.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>