Re: Thunderbird sounds -

On 10/07/10 18:40, g wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> Yes, you dug it up, the least I can do is give it a shot!
>>
> from what i read on authors site, it should give you what you want.
>

>> I can probably keep busy for a while fooling with that one.
>>
> if not, there are several more in google link that can pass you idle time.
>

>> I'll let you know what happens.
>>
> looking forward to it.
>
> again, much luck.
>

> btw,
> should none do what you want, you could write a cron script to periodically
> check folder/folders size.
>
> using 'ls' then awk to extract size to a&env, do a compare to current and
> play what ever to notify.

    Not sure I understand the logic there. Folder gets bigger so it must
    contain new messages, I guess?

    My problem is that I filter e-mail messages into at least ten
    different directories. One is for Verizon Text messages, 95% of
    those are from my daughter and son-in-law during the daytime and
    often require immediate attention so an audio alert for stuff
    arriving in that directory would be nice. Of course they can always
    call my cell phone but it has a feeble little ring that I may not
    hear if I don't have my hearing aids in!

    That would be in addition to the Thunderbird sound [aplay
    /usr/share/sounds/purple/alert.wav]
    already produced whenever messages are downloaded.

    I wasn't able to work with the computer today, tomorrow should be
    better, just a lot going on here today.

    Bob