Re: The quietness of preupgrade

On 07/08/2010 12:16 PM, Robert Myers wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/08/2010 11:56 AM, Robert Myers wrote:
>     > You don't know me any more than you know if there is
>     extraterrestrial
>     > life.
>     I can, based on observations and other factors, speculate as to the
>     chances of the existence of extraterrestrial life.  I can suspect that
>     there is/is not extraterrestrial life.  Based on the evidence you've
>     contributed I've formed an opinion and a supposition.
>

> You have chosen to criticize me, rather than the facts I propose.
>  This is the end of our conversation.

I did not criticize you.  I made observations that were critical of your
approach.

You *may* be right about "progress bars/dots" being of no value.  I only
observed that you chose to use sarcasm to debase a fellow poster in your
attempt to prove your assertion .  I merely pointed out that in many
cases that turns people off and they may summarily dismiss what you have
to say.

I also find it "interesting" (some may term it hypocritical) that you've
chosen to conclude with "This is the end of our conversation" and take
issue with poc's "We're done here".

--
'They come back to the mountains to die,' said the King. 'They live in
Ankh-Morpork.' (The Fifth Elephant) 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段