Re: Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

  On 07/05/2010 11:57 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Alan Cox<alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Fact: the most difficult a process is to follow, the less people would follow it
>> Correct - and if that process is weeding odd emails from gigabytes of
>> off-list spam then they won't read the list.
> True, that's why care must be taken to not let that happen. A
> combination of good spam filtering and moderation seems to work fine
> on other mailing lists.

Why add the extra cost/burden on the server administrator to keep up
with spam filters?
Forget it! I am against unsubscribed posters to this list.
It will turn this list into a spam galore!
if you this list is unfriendly, create your own. There are numnerous
free or nearly free server
accounts you can get. Then you take care of spam on your list.