Re: Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The problem is not in the system.
>
> The sender has to realise that he/she has sent a private email! LOL

Yeah, so? It's a user mistake, it's up to the user how to deal with it.

> It is much less problematic for "reply" to reply to the list,
> especially if changing that behavior is solely meant to help those who
> don't want to subscribe to it...

No, as I said before, the Reply-To problem is *orthogonal*.

See, I'm _subscribed_, right?

When I search for 'list:users.lists.fedoraproject.org
to:felipe.contreras' I don't find anything (well, I actually I see one
mail because Alan Cox ignored the Reply-To header).

OTOH 'list:linux-kernel.vger.kernel.org to:felipe.contreras' works fine.

Also, what happens if I choose to stay subscribed, but decide to turn
mail delivery off? Well, I can send mails, but I will not get the