Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

Hi,

I don't see any component in bugzilla for mailing lists, so I'm posting here.

In order to do that I have to subscribe, which takes more than a few
bounces, and that's the problem.

Public mailing lists should receive mail from *anybody*; if the poster
is not subscribed, then the message should go through moderation. This
is the truly open way.

Orthogonal to this is that the mailing lists should not mingle with
"Reply-To"; they should leave the To and Cc fields intact, so that the
MUA can reply to the right addresses. See:

This way when a non-subscriber posts something, he doesn't have to add
the "Please CC me as I'm not in the mailing list"; it will happen
automatically.

Decent mailing lists, such as LKML, and all the lists at
vger.kernel.org[1], do this.

Moreover you have dozens of mailing lists, do you expect people to
subscribe to them when they want to send a one-time email?

I'm sending this because my last mail to
packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ended with "Your message to
packaging awaits moderator approval", and no feedback afterwards; it
wasn't posted, it wasn't rejected, nothing. So I guess the moderator
just deleted it.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/confirm/packaging/cb5b17e42464919ddd4a544f87093b6ff1f452b2

I took a considerable amount of time writing that email, it's not nice
for non-subscriber mails to just be dropped like that. Please, make
Fedora mailing list friendly to outsiders.

Cheers.

[1] http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html

--
Felipe Contreras