Re: Left mouse button stops working periodically

On 06/30/2010 10:15 AM, Roger K. Wells wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 12:01 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>
>> On 06/30/2010 09:38 AM, Wendell Nichols wrote:
>>

>>> 3 times in about as many weeks my left mouse button has ceased to
>>> function.  I cannot associate this with any particular activity.
>>> Because you can't do much without that button I have to reboot my laptop
>>> to get out of it.  This mouse is a bluetooth mouse, but while the
>>> problem exists the builtin mice don't work either.
>>> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>>> Does anyone have a way to track down the source of this problem?
>>>
>>> My system is:
>>> lenovo thinkpad t61p
>>> fedora 12 (64 bit)
>>> using gnome desktop
>>>

>>      I have a different problem on T61p tho possibly related - I use 2
>> different BT mice.
>>
>>     Since installing f13, there are times when the mouse gets disconnected
>> from the laptop (both mice, 1 brand new). I have to power cycle the
>> mouse to get f13 to see it again then all is well. Happens in mid use
>> ... suddenly light goes from blue to green on mouse - nothing in log file.
>>
>>      However while mouse is working _ get a ton of messages like this:
>>
>>     kernel: btusb_bulk_complete: hci0 urb ffff88010f94ed80 failed to
>> resubmit (1)
>>

> I too have random and infrequent BT mouse disconnects and a ton
> of the same messages (the source of which I had no clue)
> The mouse is Microsoft BT Mouse 5000
> uname: Linux rwells-fc 2.6.33.5-124.fc13.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jun 11
> 09:38:12 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> roger wells
>
>>      Happens randomly - never saw this problem with f12 ... I would have
>> suspected the mouse but since 1 is brand new it seems less likely.
>> Kensington Si670m.
>>
>>     gene/

I didn't mention the disconnects, but I have two bt mice: a logitech one
and a microsoft one.  The microsoft mouse periodically disconnects for
about 45 seconds and then resumes working.  I have not seen the logitech
one do that.
I do get a lot of messages in the syslog, but they do not correlate with
any of my problems :(
wcn