Re: What the %$%@ is up with firefox

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 10:17 -0400, Robert Myers wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> What bias.  I hate Windows.  If you want to see how the web looks to
> someone other than a geek, you have to use Windows.
----
I don't understand this - I use both Windows and Linux and I don't see
any real differences.
----

> I'm saying that because Flash is nothing but a source of problems,
> even on Windows.  I want to keep problems off my Fedora boxes so that
> I can count on a clean environment.  I hate ever to agree with Steve
> Jobs, but, on this issue, I'm on his side.  In any case, if you
> experience problems with Flash, don't blame it on the OS.
----
Flash is ok but over-used, abused and suffering from trying to be all
things to all people.
----
> We had agreed to that this is not the place to discuss Firefox.  What
> you regard as "reasonably well" and what I would regard as reasonably
> well almost certainly aren't the same.  Firefox has had its ups and
> downs.
----
Firefox is OK - Life is so much better disabling the Adobe Reader plugin
which forces PDF's to load into Adobe Reader itself and not in Firefox
memory space.

I do have a problem with Firefox and the ATi video driver crashing X but
it has been reported and I keep hoping they will figure it out.
Otherwise, it's generally pretty good.

Craig

believed to be clean.