Re: Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 20:30 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> have them send a dummy e-mail, wait 5 minutes and then send the
> important e-mail or wait 15 minutes. Hardly a big deal.

Do you really spend 15 minutes making someone wait around while you're
trying to conduct business that should only take a few minutes?  Not to
mention having to give instructions to some technically clueless, and
uninterested person, about the hoops they have to jump through for an
email to get through to them.

That's right up there with those "press 1 for accounts, press 2 for
sales, repeatedly press 5 for compaints and join the queue."

And then there's the converse, of when you're trying to do business with
someone else, and their (managed by someone else) anti-spam techniques
get in the way of you mailing them.

To anyone who suggests that email shouldn't be instant (just a few
seconds), they deserve a thoroughly good drubbing with a clue by four
for degrading mail services.  I'm yet to see an anti-spam system that
doesn't shit me off.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686