Discussion/help re: spellcheck shortcut ?!?

Hi;

I may be getting into something here that may be too complex, but ...

I would like to create a script or other programming that I can bind to
a shortcut key (Say Ctrl+Alt+F7) that does the following as I am typing:

When typing along and a previous word appears underlined in read as a
spelling error (or however marked) I can use my shortcut key to:

a) jump back to the first marked word;
b) select that word;
c) show the context menu with correction choices;
d) select a suggested correction, or not, as the case may be;
e) enter; making the correction;
f) leave the cursor on or at the corrected word;
g) ready to either repeat the jump back to an even earlier mis-spelled
word or move to the end of the line with <end> or whatever.

1) I don't need in depth details.  I think I can handle that.  I am
looking for suggestions on how best to go about tackling the problem.
Should this be a bash script etc. ?

2) I would like the script to be as universal as possible.  Using
hunspell is obvious.  Is aspell still necessary or has fedora's
applications with spellchecking all gone over to hunspell?  Does this
even make a difference?

3) Where is the best place to do the binding? In gnome shortcut keys
configuration or some place more basic?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would truly be appreciated.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28