RE: fgfs opengl issue w/ nvidia fx1400

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 17:26 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >I assume that all is well now?
>
> Gilboa,
> Thanks for the follow up, unfortunately it seems there is no ogl
> support for the external monitor with nvidia when using Linux:(
>
> Hard to believe really, possibly something to do with my laptop,
> it is a _total_ pos...
>
> I have an HP I have to setup sooner or later, so for curiosity sakes
> I will see how that one behaves although it has an Intel graphics
> chipset.
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

I'm not sure I understand what / how, but I have two laptops and both
have no problems with OpenGL on the external / second monitor (In
twinview mode).

Do you have working OpenGL on your laptop display?

I'd suggest you:
A. Uinstall the nvidia.com drivers. (./nvidia-installer --uninstall)
B. Install the RPMFusion kmods (Following the instructions in the link I
posted earlier).
C. Create a valid xorg.conf.

After that, if things still doesn't work, please post:
A. Hardware configuration.
B. xorg.conf.

- Gilboa