Re: Another funny update?

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 18:34:05 -0400,
  Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a simple user, I'm not in a position to fight RPMFusion. So, if the
> Nouveau developers don't want to provide instructions on how to install
> Nouveau when NVIDIA is installed, people like Dennis Gilmore  will find the
> hard way what "fight[ing] a tough battle" really means.

Then you should at least consider using nouveau all of the time now.
A lot of 3d games don't work with it yet, but normal desktop stuff
should work.

I expect if you need good 3d for Nouveau, that will probably be another
year or two.

> If Nouveau developers want to make their fight even tougher, they have the
> right recipe: just don't tell how to revert from NVIDIA to Nouveau. Keep it
> secret! Not our business! Let the user have all the fun of searching and
> pestering.

One way is to back up your data and reinstall Fedora. That's simple to
explain and reliable. It's an annoying amount of work, but it might have
taken less of your time as things turned out.