Re: multibooting linux

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:32:53 +0200
Mats wrote:

> I want to have (at least) two linux-system (no windows) on the same hd.
> If I make two partitions for the first (/ and swap) and then the same
> with the other one. Is that ok?

You will need to deal with grub differently on at least one of them.
The simplest thing is probably to tell the 2nd linux you install to
put grub on the / partition, not the MBR of the disk, and add
a chainloader entry in the 1st linux grub.conf so you can use it
to boot the 2nd linux. For example:

title Fedora 12 i386
	rootnoverify (hd0,2)
	chainloader +1

Just need to figure out the right number to use in (hd0,2) instead
of 2.