Re: Unexplained temporary freezes in Thunderbird Fedora 13

Jerry Feldman wrote:

> After using 3.1-0.2.rc2.fc14, I found that it also freezes with
> Thunderbird using 100% of the CPU. Because of the lack of enigmail for
> this version (64-bit) I rolled back to 3.0.1. I may install the 32-bit
> version from the Thunderbird archives. I have eliminated both enigmail
> and remove duplicate messages from being involved.

I would also pay attention to the status messages in the bottom bar
which give clues as to what thunderbird is doing.  Also, you could try
running under strace, and possibly run lsof, or have a script which runs
lsof from a loop in the background with timestamps and see what files
might be open.

Nataraj