Re: Control-Alt-Delete Issue in FC11

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 21:33:28 +0530,
  Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Fedora11#How_to_disable_Ctrl.2BAlt.2BDel_from_restarting_computer_in_Console_mode
>
> says something wrong, becoz the line:
>
> ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now
>
> doesn't exist in the /etc/inittab. For a single home PC (not the server) and
> for personal use, if someone wants to disable the Control-Alt-Delete Option,
> it is said to comment the above line, but FC11 /etc/inittab is like:

Since the switch to upstart that's not the place to define what happens.

In addition to what upstart does, on a gnome desktop (I don't know if
this is really an xorg setting) the logout function is bound to c-a-del.

> But still, Control-Alt-Delete doesn't seem to be closed.

Try the gnome setting. System -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts

> There are no other users who are using the PC, but is there any way to stop
> the PC rebooting via Control-Alt-Delete in the console mode? For a single
> FC11 desktop. Something is lacking...

There is also a security setting to not allow people to reboot or shutdown
the system. I think in F11 there was still a graphical interface for doing
that. (It seems to have been dropped at some point.) If you disable the
authorization, people can try to do a reboot but it won't happen.