Re: [OT] posting to fedoraproject lists that I am not subscribed to

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 22:50:28 -0700,
  Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to post to any of the lists I am not subscribed to? I am
> asking this because there is one thread on the fedora virt list that is
> of interest to me, but I don't want to subscribe to another mailing list
> just for that.
>
> Any suggestions?

There are two issues, one is that on most lists your post will be held for
moderation (on some it will be bounced immediately) and there can be long
delays before it is released depending on how often moderators look at
the queue.

The second issue is that most of the lists mung the reply-to header such
that you won't get an off list copy of the the message. You can try setting
mail-followup-to and asking for an off list cc, but you still might end
up having to check the archives to see replies that weren't sent to you.

probably a temporary subscription is the best option.