Re: Fedora 12/13 network printer oddness

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 15:47 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yup, I'm not using anything special, it's just a home network with all
> >> the IP->Host translations in /etc/hosts.
> >>
> >> I think it has something to do with my wife's laptop but I have no
> >> idea what's going on. I scanned her IP with nmap and it couldn't find
> >> any trace that her laptop is even there, however, all network
> >> connections coming FROM her laptop continue to work fine. I was out of
> >> town this weekend so I haven't had a lot of time to see what's going
> >> on but I'm going to try shutting down the firewall completely to see
> >> if it makes a difference. I don't think it will. I tried that last
> >> week just to see if the printer auto-discovery would work but I'm
> >> going to shut it down and try nmap again.
> >>
> >> Richard
> >
> > Is your wife's laptop running Linux? If not it may not see the printer
> > and you might have to use samba.
>
> Yes, I should have been more explicit, but both machines were F12 or
> F13 at the same time.
>
> Richard

When you use system-config-printer on the server is the printer marked
as shared? Assuming you have a ADSL router on your network does the web
interface ofthe router show her machine?
> There's not a court in the civilised world that would uphold the GPL
in that > scenario. Yes but the concern is the USA 8) - Alan Cox on
linux-kernel