Re: Another funny update?

Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Dale J. Chatham <dale@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
[...]
>> While you are correct in what you say, at the end of the day,
>> really doesn't matter.  Gonna have a lot of people angry and
>> blaming Fedora.
>
> Exactly. It's no use trying to find culprits: it must work.

Feel free to persuade nvidia to open their code so it can be included
in the kernel.  As long as it is non-free and not include in the
upstream kernel, there will likely always be a day or so window when
updates from RPM Fusion (or any third-party repo) lag behind and cause
a temporary failure.

Otherwise, harping about it here doesn't do any good at all.  I don't
think many folks doing the work to make Fedora happen have a lot of
concern for non-free drivers.  If you use them, you have to accept
that it's not supported by Fedora -- simple as that.

So much havoc has optimism wrought in this world that pessimism
appears not only a legitimate way of looking at things but a moral
duty.
    -- Christopher Spranger, The Effort To Fall