Re: Klipper search box doesn't disappear

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Perhaps or perhaps you are seeing problems others have not.  In either
case, file a bug report with the details would be useful.

Thanks to Ed's answer, I could figure this is a possibility. So, I made a few tests.

1) I rebooted.

I still had to select the first entry before I could paste it. In OOo, I could now paste, also after reselecting the fisrt entry,  but a new line was added.

2) So, I shut down the computer and rebooted with the modem (which is configured as a router, shut down. Everything worked perfectly except that I couldn't get rid of the search box, as usual. But pasting in gedit or OOo was OK.

I never had problems pasting in Thunderbird. When I rebooted with the modem on, it seemed to me that the PC and TX/RX lights flashed for a long time -- maybe 3 seconds -- after logging in.

Since the problem doesn't exist when I cold boot with the modem closed, it seems the problem is not on my system. IOW, it looks like a hack. If I file a bug report, I'll probably be the only one with this problem and it won't be taken into consideration.